[MinnowBoard] Fastboot - unable to get to BIOS setup on minnowboardmax

Krause Martin Martin.Krause at tq-group.com
Thu Nov 13 14:05:14 UTC 2014

Hi Thiago,

thanks for your feedback! I did a test with a newly flashed 0.73 firmware
and nothing connected, except HDMI monitor, serial cable and USB keyboard.
And to my surprise, I could enter bios by exiting efi shell via 'exit', even if
fastboot is enabled.

Because this has definitely not worked the last time, I did some further testing,
and I could reproduce the locked-out from bios situation:

I booted with a SD card inserted, changed the boot order in the bios to first
hard drive, second efi shell and booted Yocto from SD card. Then I removed
the SD card and booted again. And if I then enter 'exit' on the efi shell, the
system hangs (only a '_' is displayed on hdmi) and do not switch to bios.
Looks like a bug to me.

Best regards,
Martin