[MinnowBoard] MinnowBoard MAX getting started with GPIO

Peter Ogden peter.j.ogden at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 03:59:19 UTC 2014

Yea, those shell scripts have similar content to the tutorials Martin
mentioned.

>From what I understand, the kernel included with Linux Mint is not compiled
with GPIO SYSFS enabled so there is no /sys/class/gpio to play with.

This page has some basic info on how to compile the kernel and a link to
the minoboard defconfig.txt.
http://www.elinux.org/Minnowboard:MinnowMaxLinuxKernel

I think this is the magic that enables GPIO SYSFS:

# Pinctrl and GPIO Support
CONFIG_PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL=y
CONFIG_GPIOLIB=y
CONFIG_GPIO_SYSFS=y