[MinnowBoard] MAX at 90ºC

Thiago Tenório Jordão de Vasconcelos thiagottjv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:18:56 UTC 2014

About the power...

If you are using a 2.5" HD you probably don't need 12v neither 3.3v. You
could see on the HD's datasheet or simply remove the board and see if there
is a connection on the 12v and 3.3v pins.
Or better: get a multimeter and check resistance between the ground and the
12v and 3.3v pins.

If you see that you don't need 12v and 3.3v (like my HDs here) then you
just need to get a sata cable and a power sata cable and use just the 5v
that you power the MinnowBoard.

The cable is like this:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/AK-SATA-SP-050-R/AE10084-ND/951594

My best regards,