[MinnowBoard] Lure Plans

Fernando chamac2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:44:39 UTC 2014

Hi.

I would like to share a thought about Lures. I think it would be very
interesting for us, MinowMax users if when a new Lure is designed, the folks
at CircuitCo think how they could give to the lure more value, without an
increment to the cost. For instance, I am waiting for the "Mnidisplay Lure"
to be available. And I also do need something like "MicroLure", just to get
an extra USB port:

<http://minnowboard.57273.x6.nabble.com/file/n584/20140821_151129.jpg>

As my plan is to base a "short volume" product on MinnowMax, I don't know if
the cost and size would be effective (or even if it is possible), stacking
Display and Microlure in order to get the features that I need.

So I would like to let the idea of adding a break out for the USB signals on
Display Lure. It does not even need to be populated with an actual A female
jack or similar. The lure can have the pads for anyone to solder what they
need if they want. I think the same, could be applied to other lures,
without deviate the purpose of the lure, you could simply bypass other
signals to allow the user make an easy use of them, if there is the need.
Mainly with signals only available on high speed port, that are hard to get
out of the board beaceuse the kind of connector used.

Thanks.