[MinnowBoard] problem getting Minnowboard Max to start

Timothy Hurita iviguy at outlook.com
Sun Sep 14 03:31:39 UTC 2014

Both blue lights should be solid. If the one next to the SATA connector is blinking then it's likely that the MAX isn't happy with the power source. I ran into the same issue using a high end 750W ATX power supply. The MAX would start to post, then the screen would go blank and one of the blue lights would flash. While monitoring power with a DMM I'd see it drop from 5.1v to 4.7v so maybe I wasn't loading the power supply enough. I did have a 10 Ohm resistor across the same power rail so I am not really sure what the deal was.

What did work was an ancient 200W ATX PS I had laying around. I can also power the MAX and an SSD just fine with a 10W cell phone charger.