[MinnowBoard] SATA Power Options

David Rolfe David at montala.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 19:23:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your reply John, and it does look as if J2 would indeed be an
ideal 'point' from which to obtain a 5v supply for something like a SATA
SSD, but as I understand it these are not populated on current production
boards, which I take to mean that the actual pins them selves are not in
fact present, and so not therefore really a practical option for the average
'user'.

If that is indeed the case, surely it would not have added much to the total
build cost for these to have been included?

Is there any chance that this could possibly change in the future? (Probably
more of a question for Dave!)

As an interesting aside, I would love to know whose SD cards do actually
have a 90 Mb/s speed rating... any chance of a hint please?

Thanks,

David (Rolfe)