[MinnowBoard] About debian or linux on minnow board

Roel Jordans r.jordans at tue.nl
Fri Sep 12 10:03:24 UTC 2014

I have debian 7.6 running on minnow max.  It was quite easy to install
from USB disk using a micro-sd card as root.

I made UEFI bootable USB disk with the amd64 netinst image and installed
everything using display over serial port.  I expect that using a normal
screen would also work but I didn't have the micro hdmi cable around.
After installing the base system and activating the sshd I switched to a
network login to further install and customize.

This [1] description helped me quit a bit when I had to create the
bootable USB drive.  The description there is using an Ubuntu iso but
any UEFI bootable iso should work the same.  The basic actions are 1) to
extract all files from the iso image onto the drive and 2) to set the
bootable flag on the partition.

Cheers,
  Roel

[1]