[MinnowBoard] OpenWRT Lure (Was: Re: mSATA Lure (aka Flotsam Lure) )

Michael Jarvis mjarvis.tx.08 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:27:05 UTC 2014

I agree that to start with, a simple dual-port wired gigabit Ethernet lure
would be useful for packet inspection use cases such as intrusion
detection, policy enforcement, or just simple troubleshooting. Most SOHO
routers don't give you the ability to do a packet capture on the device,
unlike commercial grade routers. I know I'd definitely buy one, and hook it
up between my cable modem and SOHO router, just so I could get packet
captures on all of my traffic in one spot. It would be relatively
inexpensive to produce and would probably sell fairly well.

I also think a DOCSIS lure would be interesting, but would be a LOT of
work, and not very practical at this time.