[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Max no longer booting to UEFI Shell

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Aug 14 08:34:07 UTC 2014

On 14/08/2014 10:03, Lasse Kaila wrote:
> Bryan Smith <bryan at ...> writes:
>
>> Hey Dave,
>>
>> I actually started looking at a flyswatter already as I figured that this
>> was the case. Just wanted to report the issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bryan
>>> Bryan,
>>>
>>> this is the second report from an early adopter with this issue. it
>>> appears to
>>> be a corruption of the UEFI firmware and appears to be software related.
>>> we are
>>> looking into it now. the only way to fix this is to reflash the UEFI
>>> firmware
>>> via the SPI header.
>>>
> Hi,
>
> It seems we have a similar problem.

welcome to the club

> Out of the two boards we have, the first
> one stopped working yesterday.

Did you upgrade EFI fw before ? what version where you using ?

>   Both blue LEDs are lit, but there's no video
> output at all, USB and Ethernet are also dead.
and serial  ?

> What procedure do you recommend,

You can use this entry point :

http://www.elinux.org/Minnowboard:MaxBios#KNOWN_ISSUES

> should we return the board or is it
I think it's possible , ask on irc

> possible to do this reflash?

said to be as long you have a SPI 1.8v device (or use a working mb )

> I couldn't find any instructions or firmware
then it worth to be detailed on wiki

> for the MAX board anywhere on Intel's site.
I would recommend to use elinux as entry point

Good luck

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
  xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com