[MinnowBoard] My Initial thoughts on the MinnowBoard Max

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 12 16:55:05 UTC 2014

Hi David,

A lot of the minnowmax sharing is happening on G+. Perhaps people will start
posting to youtube as well. I'm not sure what would motivate someone to do
one over the other. Perhaps just the preferences of the people attracted to
one board or the other.

As to a forum... I don't really understand what you mean. Is this not a
forum? Or do you mean something other than a mailing list? Some of that is
also happening on Google+ and the IRC channel.

The cases you mentioned are being discussed a bit on G+.

As for the fanboy sites and howtos, one possibility is that a lot of what
those sites are dedicated to (getting common OSs to work on the board) isn't
needed. As an x86 platform, most of the common operating systems and distros
work out of the box, not special instruction necessary. Where there are
caveats, they are mostly covered on the wiki:
http://elinux.org/Minnowboard:MinnowMaxDistros

Finally, a lot of people are still awaiting their boards, so I expect to see
an increase in chatter over the next few weeks.

Just my thoughts on why this might be the case.

--
Darren Hart Open Source Technology Center
darren.hart at intel.com             Intel Corporation