[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Max, Fedora 20, and SDHC

Michael michael at kmaclub.com
Mon Aug 11 18:01:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

I just received my MinnowBoard Max.  I am really liking the board overall.

I am having an issue with the micro SD card though.  Here is my current
configuration

MinnowBoard Max
Micro SD (sdhc, class 10, Sandisk and Samsung EVO)
Fedora 20

All of the filesystems were put on the SDHC.

The install seems to go fine with no errors.  I followed the
instructions on the wiki to add the additional modules to as micro sd
support into the ram disk.

Below are the erros I am seeing.  I am typing this by hand, so please
ignore typos.

mmblk0: error -84 transferring data, sector 2056, nr 8, cmd response
0x900, card status 0xb00
mmcblk0: retrying using single block read

The error just then repeats over and over with different sector and nr
values.  The machine is now fairly unresponsive and isn't usable.

I thought maybe I had purchased a bad card.  Initially I was using the
Samsung EVO.  But I bought a Sandisk card and I am having the same issue
with it as well.

Any suggestions?  has anyone else seen this issue?

Michael