[MinnowBoard] How to reflash the UEFI firmware, via the SPI header ?

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Aug 7 15:35:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I fear I'm the 3rd one that got UEFI fw broken...

So I added a "known issue" chapter on this wiki page :

http://www.elinux.org/Minnowboard:MaxBios

It would help to get some instructions to fix this ,
as it was suggested by dave :

http://lists.elinux.org/pipermail/elinux-minnowboard/Week-of-Mon-20140721/000203.html

Now let me detail and report how did It went to this "bricked state" ,
if someone care about reproducing this.

First, I made a tizen image with EFI support (gummiboot)
( I can share it at http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6 )

kernel did boot before reporting some errors on HDMI screen :

     intel_powerclamp: Intel powercalmp does not run on family 6 model 55
     drivers/rts/hc... : unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
     mmc1: error -04 whilst initalising SD card
     mmc1: Got command  interropt 0x0 even though no command op was in
progress
     (last one repeated 7 time)

then I rebooted to fix this image and display was gone (even without
sdcard)...

Regards, feel free to contact me online

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC