[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard power reduction

Robert robertdegruijl at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 22:15:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to best reduce Minnowboard power by switching off unused parts of the system?
My board draws around 1.3 amps with no user process running. My intend is to get a user process running that, when it is waiting for a (timer) event and does not need many of the Minnowboard devices, draws significantly less.
Do I simply unload linux modules of unused devices (e.g. sata or ethernet)? Or do I need to actively put drivers in D3 state? Does anyone have experience or tips on this?
Thanks!