[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard Max no longer booting to UEFI Shell

Bryan Smith bryan at fossetcon.org
Sun Jul 27 19:22:04 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

I booted the Max a few times and interacted with the shell. I then booted
2 Distros while the max was connected to a TV and everything seemed fine.

Shortly afterwards while attempting to boot into another distro via usb, I
noticed that the tv screen failed to show the UEFI prompt.

I tried rebooting several times afterwards and there was no video output
and two blue LED's remained lit.

After connecting to the console I observed this:

When the board receives power only 1 led is lit. The console shows
SecStartup then both leds light and two messages follow and nothing else
happens.

I left the board connected in this state for about 6 hours and nothing
else happened. I tried disconnecting all peripherals, only connecting usb,
sd and ethernet together and singularly.

I found that if I hold down SW1 for approx 5 seconds J1 led turns off but
nothing happens after that.

Has anyone else observed this behavior? Seems similar to this:
http://lists.elinux.org/pipermail/elinux-minnowboard/Week-of-Mon-20140721/000201.html

Thanks,

Bryan

--