[MinnowBoard] [MinnowBoard Max] Video Encode/Decode

Christopher Price cprice at mmv.mobi
Tue Jun 24 07:37:59 UTC 2014

Bay Trail processors use Intel Gen7 graphics primarily, but hold over the
VXD so that all Bay Trail chips can decode HD video even under moderate CPU
load.

This is especially important on lower end Bay Trail chips where
multitasking may strain the Gen7 GPU such that it can't decode heavily
compressed video on its own. On higher end Bay Trail chips it is less
necessary in my opinion - but may help when combining HD video with certain
OpenGL scenarios.

There are also power benefits (tablets) but I don't have hard numbers
there.

AFAIK there is no open source driver for VXD 392. Though I'm sure
Imagination will be happy to hear your feedback ;)

Christopher Price
ConsoleOS.com