[MinnowBoard] cpufreq-info

John 'Warthog9' Hawley warthog9 at eaglescrag.net
Thu May 29 03:51:46 UTC 2014

On 05/28/2014 02:21 PM, Ríad wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am trying to discovery the DVFS range and supported frequency.
> Does anyone can execute the command cpufreq-info in a minnboard
> device and show me the result?
>
> Thanks,

Ríad,

Going slightly further than the discussion this morning, where you were
trying to lock the CPU to a specific frequency for thermal reasons, you
may also want to look at thermald, as it might serve you better in
keeping the CPU under a specific temperature, while letting the CPU
scale, as you'll save a lot of power if you can let it idle all the way
down (and obviously heat as well).  It would also be helpful if you can
describe what you are ultimately trying to accomplish, as there may be
other, better, solutions.

---------------
Minnowboard:
---------------
cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq at vger.kernel.org, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 1
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 10.0 us.
  hardware limits: 600 MHz - 1000 MHz
  available frequency steps: 1000 MHz, 800 MHz, 600 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: ondemand, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 600 MHz and 1000 MHz.
                  The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 1000 MHz (asserted by call to hardware).
  cpufreq stats: 1000 MHz:100.00%, 800 MHz:0.00%, 600 MHz:0.00%
analyzing CPU 1:
  driver: acpi-cpufreq
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 1
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 1
  maximum transition latency: 10.0 us.
  hardware limits: 600 MHz - 1000 MHz
  available frequency steps: 1000 MHz, 800 MHz, 600 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: ondemand, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 600 MHz and 1000 MHz.
                  The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 1000 MHz (asserted by call to hardware).
  cpufreq stats: 1000 MHz:100.00%, 800 MHz:0.00%, 600 MHz:0.00%

---------------
MinnowMax:
---------------
cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq at vger.kernel.org, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: intel_pstate
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 0.97 ms.
  hardware limits: 200 MHz - 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: performance, powersave
  current policy: frequency should be within 200 MHz and 1000 MHz.
                  The governor "powersave" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 586 MHz (asserted by call to hardware).
analyzing CPU 1:
  driver: intel_pstate
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 1
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 1
  maximum transition latency: 0.97 ms.
  hardware limits: 200 MHz - 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: performance, powersave
  current policy: frequency should be within 200 MHz and 1000 MHz.
                  The governor "powersave" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 475 MHz (asserted by call to hardware).

- John