[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard max

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed May 14 15:42:54 UTC 2014

From:  Rixsta Music Website <rixsta_musicman at hotmail.co.uk>
Date:  Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 6:34
To:  "elinux-minnowboard at lists.elinux.org"
<elinux-minnowboard at lists.elinux.org>
Subject:  [MinnowBoard] Minnowboard max

>Hi, I'm really looking forward to getting the minnowboard max, one
>question I was wondering if anyone knows, I heard we can add an lvds lure
>to attach a touch screen, is there any other way of adding a small touch
>screen to the board ? I know hdmi may be an option.  so just wondering if
>there is another way, I'm not new to computer hardware but am to
>development boards, my plan is to make a mini PC/portable music player
>running from a small sata hard drive and powered by a small battery, and
>using a USB sound card.

>From a productization perspective, the touch panel on a Lure will likely
be the most attractive solution. For a hobbyist / prototyping perspective,
you might find that something like the HDMI+USB touch screens from
companies like lilliput will suit your needs. Powering these on a battery
will be more challenging.

http://store.mp3car.com/Lilliput_7_SKD_Open_Frame_Touch_Screen_VGA_Monito_p
/mon-121.htm

Lots of other examples, both with and without a frame/bezel.

--
Darren Hart			Open Source Technology Center
darren.hart at intel.com		Intel Corporation