[MinnowBoard] Memory Initialization error-Minnow Based Custom Board

vijaikumar k vijaikumar.k at mistralsolutions.com
Wed Apr 30 12:49:54 UTC 2014

Hi All,
         We use MinnowBoard as a reference design for one of our custom
board. The custom board has 8 MB SPI flash and 2 GB of DDR2 RAM. We made a
8MB Minnowboard UEFI image and flashed it into custom board. While booting
we got the following error in Memory Initialization phase.
Detect graphic Memory Before MRC
IGD enabled.
MRC Entry
Geometry: 0 0101 1100
Ranks: 1 - 1 sets of memory chips
Width: 1 - 8 bits
Density: 3 - 2G
InstallEfiMemory.
Memory test failed at 0x740000, read 0x00000000.

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Device Error)

PEI_ASSERT!:
c:\uefi\minnow_dev\MinnowBoardIntelNdaPkg\PlatformPei\MrcWrapper.c
(345): !EFI_ERROR (Status)
Can anyone from Intel Help us with this issue? This is the first time we
are using a Intel processor for our project.

Regards
Vijai Kumar K