[MinnowBoard] BIOS/UEFI/Firmware settings hotkey?

Neill Kapron nkapron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 23:59:30 UTC 2014

So after some examination, Intel has included the simple BDS in
MinnowBoardPkg/Bds/ instead of the full BDS in
IntelFrameworkModulePkg/Universal/BdsDxe/

It would appear that the keys that are enabled are '+', '-', 'Esc' and 'e'.

I would assume + or - draws a short boot device selection menu.

'+'  Selects the boot device earlier in the list,
'-' Selects the boot device later in the list,
'Esc' and 'e' leave the list and clear the display, booting from the
currently selected boot device.

I think it would be possible to build a firmware image that enables the
more useful setup menu, but I do not have a minnowboard yet to test on.

Hopefully this helps,
Neill