[MinnowBoard] Minnowboard max and 128GB Micro SD cards ?

David Anders danders at circuitco.com
Tue Apr 22 19:06:25 UTC 2014

Morten,

On 04/22/2014 02:03 PM, Morten M. Christensen wrote:
> Will the new Minnowboard max support 128GB Micro SD cards like f.x.
> the Sandisk 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC^(TM) UHS-I Card ?

yes indeed the max supports 128gb micro sd cards. the controller is one
of the latest IP versions can support a wide range of SD card series.

> The use-case I am thinking of for such a large Micro SD would be using
> the Minnowboard max as minimal NAS serving (among other things) music
> to Sonos but without the need to attach an external hard drive. The SD
> card would then contain both the OS (linux) and the music files.

i'd personally recommend using a mSATA SSD instead. this would give you
a lot more functionality and performance than running everything from
the uSD slot...

Dave