[MinnowBoard] [Help] Communicating with an Arduino Based Autopilot

Suresh Ratnam suresh080891 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:57:08 UTC 2014

Greetings everybody. I just switched over from the beaglebone black to the
minnowboard. Currently I am trying to communicate to the APM 2.6 via USB.
It is an arduino based autopilot which uses Atmega 2560 chip.

Here are my predicaments. Plugging the APM into my laptop running ubuntu
yields positive results. It shows up as /dev/ttyACM0. However, when i plug
it into the minnowboard, it does not show up as ttyACM0 nor ttyUSB0.
However, it does show up under lsusb as ArdupilotMega 2560 (CDC ACM)

Im thinking that the board does not have the proper kernel module. Using
some google-fu, ive narrowed it down to kernel-module-cdc-acm. However, "
opkg install kernel-module-cdc-acm" yields no positive result. It says
unknown package.

I am confused now. Im fairly new to the linux world. It doesnt seem like an
hardware incompatibility. Otherwise, it wouldnt show up under lsusb. My
next steps would be upgrading the kernel to 3.10 LTSI to see if i get to
reach the needed kernel module. Please advise.

Thanks for your time!