[MinnowBoard] MinnowBoard MAX announcement

David Anders danders at circuitco.com
Mon Mar 31 20:53:42 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 03:48 PM, selsinork at gmail.com wrote:
> On 31/03/14 20:59, David Anders wrote:
>
>> we aren't abandoning the original MinnowBoard.
> Playing devils advocate for a moment, I'm wondering why you're not?
we have a number of OEM customers using the board as well as a large
number of kernel developers who use the boards for regression testing.

> The Max is obviously better and I can't imagine you sold vast numbers of the original. The distributor I bought my original Minnow from has discontinued them, so if I ever need/want to replace it I'll be looking for something else regardless.
> As such, I'm obviously less inclined to invest much more into mine and I wonder how many others find themselves in a similar position.

yes indeed i have to agree Max is a leap ahead of the original minnow,
but there continues to be a specific market for the original minnow
specially among developers who need a small x86 platform to do kernel
testing.

amazingly enough, a LOT of arm developers are using minnow to make sure
they haven't broken any x86 aspects with patchsets....

Dave