[Elinux-discuss] Fwd: select timeout error.

Tinashe Mudavanhu tinamuda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 20:38:08 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Tinashe Mudavanhu" <tinamuda at gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2016 16:36
Subject: select timeout error.
To: "Adrian Rosebrock" <a.rosebrock at pyimagesearch.com>

Hi Adrian,

I am getting a "select timeout" error when i run the following video
streaming program;

import numpy as np
import cv2

cap = cv2.VideoCapture(0)

while(True):
    #Capture frame-by-frame
    ret, frame = cap.read()

    #Our operations on the frame come here
    gray = cv2.cvtColor(frame, cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY)

    #Display the resulting frame
    cv2.imshow('frame' ,gray)
    if cv2.waitKey(1) & 0xFF == ord('q'):
        break

#When everything is done, release the capture
cap.release()

When i stop the program with Ctrl C it is having a tracback at/to ret,
frame = cap.read(). I am running the program on BBB running Debian Wheezy.

Whats surprising is that the program is working fine on on my machine
running Ubuntu 14.04.

I've also noticed that people with Ras Pi with Rasbian Wheezy are facing
the same problem. Can you please assist me, i'm stuck.

Kind Regards,

Tinashe