[Elinux-discuss] select timeout error

Tinashe Mudavanhu tinamuda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:05:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am getting a "select timeout" error when i run the following video
streaming program;

import numpy as np
import cv2

cap = cv2.VideoCapture(0)

while(True):
    #Capture frame-by-frame
    ret, frame = cap.read()

    #Our operations on the frame come here
    gray = cv2.cvtColor(frame, cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY)

    #Display the resulting frame
    cv2.imshow('frame' ,gray)
    if cv2.waitKey(1) & 0xFF == ord('q'):
        break

#When everything is done, release the capture
cap.release()
cv2.destroyAllWindows()

When i stop the program with Ctrl C it is having a tracback at/to ret,
frame = cap.read(). I am running the program on BBB running Debian Wheezy.
The opencv installed was built from source.

Whats surprising is that the program was working fine on my machine running
Ubuntu 14.04. (Though its nolonger working because of sqlite3 giving an "
ImportError: /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol:
sqlite3_column_table_name " the problem started after a build of sqlite3
from source).

Can you assist please.