[Elinux-discuss] How to create a bootable tar image like you did in your tutorial page?

Peter A peter.abeles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 23:00:08 UTC 2015

I'm trying to create my own tar ball like you did here:

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#Trusty_14.04

I have an sdcard with everything I want on it and would like to create lots
of copies.  mirroring it with dd is a bit slow.  is there a tutorial some
place?  I tried to create an image using tar.

 1) cd /media/blah/root 2) tar -cf ~/backup.tar * 3) mv backup.tar to
path/armhf-rootfs-ubuntu-trusty.tar
4) “sudo ./setup_sdcard.sh --mmc /dev/sdd --dtb beaglebone”

However the last command fails after a little bit.  I did some searching
and didn't find anything that looked appropriate.  Any hints?

Thanks,
- Peter

--
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire
(1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he