[Elinux-discuss] [Celinux-dev] celinux.org FDL License

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Wed Jan 4 22:30:33 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 09:31 AM, lkcl luke wrote:
> folks, hi,
>
> i just pointed dr richard stallman at the celinux.org web site,

Do you mean elinux.org web site?

> because of a project involving potentially FSF-Hardware-Endorseable
> products.  i happened to mention that the license on the contributions
> to elinux.org are under the FDL 1.2 license.
>
> dr stallman has asked if it would be possible to add "or later" to the
> license:

If it were up to me, I'd say "no". The decision to not use the
"or later" wording for the license was intentional, and follows
the example of the Linux kernel.  Tim Riker, the original founder
of the site, Bill Traynor, the current admin, and myself form
a sort of ruling committee for the site, but we're open to
community consensus on the issue.

It would be best to raise this issue on the elinux.org
mailing list, at: elinux-discuss at lists.elinux.org

 -- Tim